Well that was a disaster.
The lockdown only lasted 2 or 3 weeks but the knock-on supply-chain issues meant I had to redesign (and re-tool) EVERYTHING my main business was making.
I’ve kindof cut the whole thing in half to give me time to work on this clock, but when the rug is pulled, the rug is pulled – so I had to act fast… and it basically took me out for about a month and a half.
The main business makes these:
Which are golden ratio calipers, but I’m not going to go on about those here.
Yesterday I got the steppers to go with code:
Today I got the wheel to turn.
I’m almost out of the long-grass… I need to figure out a way to make the wheels turn a bit more smoothly… then after than I can work on points for style.
Kindof like computer programming… it’s all as series of “Hello World“s… and this last one was a big one.